Wednesday, April 02, 2008



W.B. Yeats

He Wishes For the Clothes of Heaven


Had I the heavens’ embroidered clothes,
Enwrought with golden and silver light,
The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
Of night and light and the half-light,
I would spread the cloths under your feet:
But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.
_____________________________

Yeats, when I hear you,
will-o’-the wisp is my feel-
ing; mist in my soul

( haiku and yeats courtesy of a wonderful blog - please visit
94stranger - rainring

The photo I took of my new grandson Toby, comfortably clothed in splendor...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lil,
strange piece of synchronicity: there's an edition of the BBC radio 4 programme 'In our time' devoted to Yeats, next Thursday 17th April at 9.00a.m GMT, and there's a listen-again facility - if you're interested, check out http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/progs/listenagain.shtml#i