Subject: WHAT MATTERS-165: 9-11 Miscellany
From: "Boudewijn Wegerif" <[email-masked]>
To: <"Undisclosed-Recipient:;"@av5-1-sn3.vrr.skanova.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 01:50:22 +0100

WHAT MATTERS-165                          --February 22, 2004

9-11 Miscellany

_______________________

Dear list members,

Below is a miscellany of items related to 9-11.

1.              The World is ensnared by the word 'terrorism'
2 a. b. c.   Larry Silverstein - a crook?
3.              Former German Defense Minister speaks out
4.              Last Post from Dick Eastman, who gave his all

I go some of the way with Dick Eastman writing, "Unless the truth
about 9-11 is gotten to the people we will have one last fatal term -
either George Bush or a 'Democrat' equivalent - and that will be the
end of even our potential for resistance. From then on we will be
ruled by terror and force and all reformers will be terrorists."

I believe that the complicity of the Bush gang in the 9-11 attacks
will be generally known by the time of the US election (it is
already widely known). This will lead to massive social, political
and economic disruptions. I foresee the corporate money beast,
in its death throes through the next four to eight years, more and
more openly seeking out, persecuting and disappearing an
ever-growing number of dissidents for what I call Love's Revolution -
for the victory of love and truth power (the Satyagraha of Mahatma
Ghandi) over the debt and guilt cross of the world. In love's victory,
the enthralment with money will be ended, and that will be really
good news for the poor and hungry and those that have open hearts
for the new order of non-hierarchal, non-violent spiritual freedom,
political equality, and economic sister-brotherliness.

In friendship,

Boudewijn Wegerif
What Matters Programme
Mossvägen 8, 699 31 Deje, Sweden
Tel:+46-552.689100
http://www.whatmatters.nu

_________________________
1.
THE WORLD IS ENSNARED BY THE WORD 'TERRORISM'

"The poor, the weak and the oppressed rarely complain about
'terrorism'. The rich, the strong and the oppressors constantly
do. While most of mankind has more reason to fear the high-
technology violence of the strong than the low-technology
violence of the weak, the fundamental mind-trick employed by
the abusers of the word 'terrorism' is essentially this: The low-
technology violence of the weak is such an abomination that
there are no limits on the high-technology violence of the
strong that can be deployed against it."

In his televised 'Meet the Press' interview on February 8,
President George the Bush was never asked a question about
'terrorism'. Yet he used the word (or a variant) 22 times. The
word explained, and justified, everything - past, present and future.

*  From 'Terrorism': A world ensnared by a word, by John V. Whitbeck,
International Herald Tribune, at http://www.iht.com/articles/130006.html

--
2a.
LARRY SILVERSTEIN - A CROOK?

Larry Silverstein heads the consortium that signed a rental contract
for the WTC towers and WTC Building 7 with the Harbor
Authorities of New York and New Jersey just seven weeks before
the 9-11 attacks.

An icon for financial power, built in the early 1970s at a cost of
$750 million as part of a massive urban renewal project
spearheaded by America's Rockefeller family, the landmark
towers anchored a seven-building complex spread over about
12 city blocks. The two 412 meters high towers with 3.3 million
square feet office space were completed in 1972 at a cost of
$370 million.

Silverstein Properties agreed to lease the towers and surrounding
Port Authority properties for $3.2 billion over 99 years, with
$616 million paid up front. (This $3.2 billion was, according to
the actuaries, present discounted market value.)

Larry Silverstein would only have to pay the city $25 million
yearly in an in-lieu-of-taxes agreement, about $75 million less
than what the property taxes would actually be. In addition, the
towers could continue to tap low-cost taxpayer-subsidized
electricity from the New York Power Authority, saving Silverstein
millions a year over what he would pay if he had to buy electricity
from Con Ed at market rates.

The Port Authority also agreed to use public funds to pay any
property taxes in excess of $25 million that Silverstein might
incur in the future if New York City ever succeeded in putting
the trade center on the property-tax rolls.

Silverstein took out insurance cover of $3.6 billion on the WTC
properties, then sought to recoup $7.2 billion from insurers on the
grounds that the two hijacked airliners that struck the 110-story
twin towers Sept. 11 were separate 'occurrences' for insurance
purposes, entitling him to collect twice on the $3.6 billion of
policies. In September 2003 the U.S. Court of Appeals turned
down Silverstein's efforts to double his insurance recovery for
the WTC loss. I do not know what the present status is of the
insurance claim.

http://www.claims-portal.com/newspub/section.cfm?SID=17 .
For Insurance scam see:
http://www.libertyforum.org/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=news_news&Number=419014&
vc=1&t=-1
There is also interesting information at:
http://globalfire.tv/nj/03en/jews/wtc-silverstein.htm .
http://globalresearch.ca/articles/NOR309A.html

Architect Daniel Liebeskind, who designed the Jewish Museum
Berlin, will build the new WTC: The blueprint 'gardens of the
world'. Larry Silverstein is, incidentally, a board member of the
Museum of Jewish Heritage, and it is said that if the $7.2 billion
insurance succeeds, much of the proceeds will be donated to Israel.

--
2b.
WAS LARRY SILVERSTEIN THE OWNER OF
'RUNWAY 69', A QUEENS DANCE CLUB - AND
CENTRE FOR GOVERNMENT-RUN CRIMINAL
OPERATIONS IN THE 1990s?

In July 1993, Vietnam veteran Captain Harry P. Miller,  USN,
Ret.,Medical Service Corp. filed a complaint in district court
against Larry Silverstein, the alleged owner of 'Runway 69', a
Queens dance club.

WNBC-TV Channel 4 television station, the City of New York,
President Clinton, former President Richard Nixon, H. Ross Perot,
John W. Vessey and Colin Powell were listed as co-defendants.

Although difficult to decipher, the gravamen of Miller's complaint
is that the named defendants committed or aided others in
committing illegal acts, including assassinations, over a twenty-five
year period, beginning amidst the Vietnam War, in furtherance
of a conspiracy to distribute Laotian heroin. He asserted that the
defendants are still engaged in heroin trafficking today and that
'Goldfingers International', a business that supplies nude dancers
to nude dance clubs, is laundering the proceeds of the conspiracy
through 'Runway 69'. Miller alleged that the proceeds are used
for such purposes as covering up the 'Watergate scandal' and
buying the 'cooperation' of the NYC Police Department.

Miller asked for $49 million in damages as well as a myriad of
court orders, such as one providing that "no President or officer
of the United States of America has ever been authorized to order
the death of any person without due process of war or law" and
that "no executive order of the President can provide due process
for assassinations."

The complaint was dismissed as frivolous by a Court of Appeal
on September 9, 1997 .
Source: http://www.kat.gr/kat/history/WTC/WTC-Owners.htm,
and while at the site, do scroll down and click on 'Enhanced
Satyagraha' for a very interesting page combining the philosophies
of Mahatma Ghandi, Jesus, Diogenis of Sinope, Socrates and
Gautama the Buddha.

--
2c.
AUDIO RECORD SUGGESTS LARRY SILVERSTEIN
ORDERED THE DEMOLITION OF WTC 7

Larry Silverstein, the leaseholder of the destroyed WTC complex,
stated plainly in a PBS documentary that he and the FDNY (City
of New York Fire Department) decided jointly to demolish the
Solomon Bros. building, or WTC 7, late in the afternoon of
Tuesday, Sept. 11, 2001.

In the PBS documentary, originally aired in Sept. of 2002, and
entitled 'America Rebuilds', Silverstein says:
     "I remember getting a call from the, er, fire department
commander, telling me that they were not sure they were gonna
be able to contain the fire, and I said, 'We've had such terrible
loss of life, maybe the smartest thing to do is pull it.' And they
made that decision to pull and we watched the building collapse.'"

You can hear Silverstein say this by downloading
http://VestigialConscience.com/PullIt.mp3.

The 'America Rebuilds' PBS Home Video, ISBN 0-7806-4006-3,
is available from http://shop.pbs.org/products/AREB901.

For a visual presentation of the (controlled?) collapse of WTC7,
see http://thewebfairy.com/killtown/wtc7.html
See also http://members.surfeu.fi/11syyskuu/silver.htm

--
3.
FORMER GERMAN DEFENSE MINISTER SPEAKS
OUT ABOUT CIA INVOLVEMENT IN 9-11:
ALEX JONES INTERVIEWS ANDREAS VON BUELOW

Here is an excerpt from the interview, which you can hear live at
http://www.prisonplanet.com/020804vonbuelow.html

Andreas von Buelow:
Err, 9-11, I just watched the scenery.  And I said there must have-
gone something very [wrong].  I watched the TV for example and
in the same minute that the TV showed the planes driving into the
World Trade Center, you found these Palestinians dancing and
laughing.  And a few days later one could find out that this was
fake.  It was made by a TV crew of the defense ministry in Israel
and they gave candies to the people and they laughed about it.
And, nobody told it.  And the question for me was who brought
this TV stuff right in time into the national networks like CNN
and CBS and so on and so on.  And then we look for the, the story
came out that this had been done by bin Laden and his Al-Qaeda
and these 19 people of Muslim background, which did this.  And
you could watch the Persian journalist, and nobody showed up.
Not one Arabic name was showing up there.  And then one is
interested to see video because all these 19 passengers must have
passed the video, a lot of video cameras in Dallas, and New York,
and Logan in Boston, and Portland in the North.  You don't get
this stuff.  And then we're looking for the black boxes and we
don't get them.  And the story how these, these World Trade Center
buildings broke down, they were constructed against an approach
by airplanes.  And, the firemen of New York, they were able to
come to the floor where the fires were burning, and they said,
the fire commander said he needed two teams, small, to fight these
fires and then it's finished.  So the heat, it is impossible that the
heat was as high as it has been written in the papers and in all the
media.

Alex Jones:
And then, and then the feds declared that all firefighter tapes
malfunctioned, turns out that wasn't true; we've got copies of
them.  And it did say that the firefighters said the fires were out
or almost out.  There is video of people standing in the holes of
the buildings with no fire around them.  And we're going to go
over the evidence that's in your book, sir, and why you came to
these educated conclusions. But, first I want to ask you: have
you heard the new developments, the owner of the World Trade
Center slipped up on TV and said that they blew Building Seven
up.  The forty-seven story building that wasn't even hit by an
aircraft.  This just broke two weeks ago, have you heard this?

Andreas von Buelow :
Sure, I have heard this.  - - - Yeah, yeah especially that the CIA
headquarters in New York was in, was within this building.  I
think the- how do you call it- the emergency center for the governor,
the - - - mayor was in this building.  So, it was not hit by a plane,
and the fire was very low.  And the surrounding steel constructions
were left over and didn't collapse.  But, the Building 7 collapsed
in late afternoon at 5 o' clock I think.

Alex Jones:
Well, from our internal sources, they were running the attacks sir,
out of the building and so conveniently got rid of the evidence in
one fell swoop.

Andreas von Buelow:
This is one theory, it might be.  It's convincing but one has to get
the whole proof.  But the problem is that the elements for proof
are destroyed.

--
4.
LAST POST FROM DICK EASTMAN, WHO GAVE HIS ALL

Lay 9-11 investigator Dick Eastman gave his all over two years to
prove that it was probably a F-16 jet fighter firing an air-to-ground
missile, and not an American Airlines Boeing 757, on Flight 77,
that hit the Pentagon.

Then earlier this month Dick wrote in a last posting to his E-list,
including What Matters:

"I stop here. - - - My wife's depression, my eldest daughter's
marriage in August, my neglected personal affairs. - - -  I've been
a night watchman - but I think dawn is about to break."

In 2000 Dick sent me a Christmas card - a family photograph, of
himself with his wife and two teenage daughters. That was before
9-11, when it was still permissible, by his high cost of Christian
discipleship standards, to present himself as clean-cut, middle class,
bourgeois. However, that changed after 9-11. In the last months
he was increasingly crass, and slovenly in his writing - although
he remained open to all possibilities and thorough in his research.
I wrote to him twice, asking him to cool it. I was especially
irritated by his damning of his more cautious fellow-investigators.

In his last post he wrote, "Forgive me for the vices of an intelligent
man pushed to the brink of insanity by the enormity of the evil he
has found out - pro-war killing for profit - a police state - and
general apathy about it all and hecklers and false."

Dick went on, "I feel that better minds are now aware and can carry
the ball without my personality baggage - although I was a good
ice breaker who mixed metaphors a lot. I don't know how I did what
I did.  If only I could have shown --- that I was doing the least
bit of good - or even that the cause was sane and worthwhile."

The last evidence that Dick Eastman put together is posted at:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/9-11-demonstrative-evidence-of-frameup/message
/94
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pentagon911/

Dick saw 9-11 in the broader context of our having to take on the
corporate money beast - thus:
     "What is needed is a change of process - to change the structure
of economic and financial institutions, to rewrite the regulations of
finance, banking and foreign trade. What is needed is an
international minimum wage imposed on international corporations.
What is needed is the elimination of international corporations,
forcing them to sell off holdings in all but one country - again by
international agreement.
    "What is needed is the elimination of foreign investments of
all kinds - allowing/requiring nations to raise their own capital
internally. What is needed is the government control of the money
supply and an end to the Federal Reserve system where citizens
must pay interest on the medium of exchange that is in circulation -
the end of money supply by the securities traders of Wall Street.
A return to isolated state banking. The confiscation and repudiation
of all ill-gotten debt instruments - acknowledging that the debt
of nations is the result of playing poker at a table where the dealer
cheats, etc. The need for REAL reforms are endless - and each
would leave the entire people of this country (and the world) much
better off - but enough - you get the idea."

Then Dick wrote in block letters:
     "We must discredit the entire ruling elite in government, big
business, big finance, big law, big media, big organized crime, big
defense - and there is only one way to do that to the degree
necessary, only one way to discredit the entire structure so as to
bring it down by instant popular demand - and that way is to
expose the truth about the 9-11 black-op false-flag inside-job
mass-murder frame-up - and the inky way to expose the frame-up
is with the evidence that shows beyond all possibility of doubt
that the Pentagon was not hit by a Boeing airliner --- I have put
the evidence together with the help of Mark Bilk, and finally
presented in in a clear systematic way. - - -

"I believe that we have a very short window of opportunity - that
we have the deadline of the closure of the 9-11 Commission - but
that in November we have the much more serious and much more
final election - and certain knowledge that unless the truth about
9-11 is gotten to the people we will have one last fatal term - either
George Bush or a 'Democrat' equivalent - and that will be the end
of even our potential for resistance. From then on we will be ruled
by terror and force and all reformers will be terrorists."

Dick also recommended these sites, to expose the high treason of
the Bush gang at the White House and Pentagon:

http://physics911.org/net/
http://www.freedomfiles.org/war/pentagon.htm
http://www.911dossier.co.uk/
http://www.serendipity.li
http://www.the-movement.com/Hijackers/Agents.htm
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/ericbart/
http://www.etherzone.com
http://www.antiwar.com
http://www.serendipity.li/wtc.html#preface
911index.batcave.net/911.html

In the Russian Orthodox Church, into which I was baptised, people
like Dick Eastman are especially honoured with the title "fools
In Christ."

_______________________
This E-letter is posted at
http://www.whatmatters.nu/wmeletters/wmeletters40.html#WM-165

* The What Matters Programme is an initiative by Boudewijn Wegerif,
to spread information about what is happening in the world today, and
how things could be, given a schooling at all levels to free the self and
the world from debt/guilt oppression and money madness - a schooling
for Satyagraha, truth and love force. The trustees of the What Matters
Programme are the collegiate of Folkhögskola Vårdinge By, an adult
education residential college at 150 21 Mölnby, south of Stockholm.
Contact - Johanna Heckscher, [email-masked]
Tel: +46.158.23058

You can read WHAT MATTERS E-letters 1 to 105 at
http://www.whatmatters.nu/wmemails/wmemailsindex.html, and from
WM-106 at
http://www.whatmatters.nu/wmeletters/wmelettersindex.html .
See also to What Matters Love in Action Series index at
http://www.whatmatters.nu/LoveinActionE-letters/WM-LoveinActionIndex.html

To subscribe or unsubscribe to the WHAT MATTERS E-letters:
http://www.whatmatters.nu/contacts.html or write direct to me at
[email-masked] or [email-masked]